CAR ACCIDENT TIPS
Freedom Insurance Group, Inc
If You Have An Accident
- Call 911 if anyone is injured.
- Get names, addresses, phone numbers, makes of vehicles, and license numbers of all other drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Get all other drivers’ insurance information (company, policy number, and contact info).
- Carefully examine damage to other vehicles.
- Do not admit fault.
- Call the police if there are injuries or if the other party(s) are uncooperative.
- Take photos of the accident location and the vehicles involved.
- Only discuss the accident with the police or with your insurance representative.
- Notify Freedom Insurance immediately. If after hours, call your insurance provider.
Call us during our normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern) at:
or call your insurance provider.
Here’s a complete list of the info you should gather after an accident:
- Date & time
- City, street, intersection
- Road and weather conditions
- Direction & speed of both vehicles
- Did police take a report? If so, what department and case number
- Detailed description of what happened
- Info about other driver (name, phone, address, make, license #, driver’s license #, insurer, policy #, birth date)
- Witness info
If you don’t have a place to write down this information, use your phone’s camera to take photos of the other driver’s:
- License plate
- Proof of insurance
With all of the restrictions of Social-Distancing and the Mask in place, we are facing the question is it Safe to got the Beach? Remember this just because you are in the water KEEP the same distance as you would on land it allows the germ if you will, to disperse and...
You’re not just imagining it—a lot of people are traveling with their pets these days. According to a TripAdvisor survey of more than 1,000 travelers, 53% of those responding said they take their pets on vacation, and 52% stay only at places that welcome pets. (For...
Whether it’s a gift from someone special or a gift to yourself, a new piece of jewelry can bring some sparkle to your life. However, many people who find themselves victimized by burglars—or a fire or some other disaster—also find out too late that they didn’t have...